This is a blog around how walking can improve your health.
Sometimes you just need a change. A chance to get out of the house, reconnect with your friends and family, or just put aside your work responsibilities for a while. Walking offers all of these things and more. It can help improve your overall health and make you feel better both mentally and physically.
Here's our list of 10 Health Benefits of Walking:
1. Walking is an easy way to stay fit and healthy. The benefits of walking are many, and you can reap them no matter what age or ability level you are. In fact, walking is especially good for people who have injuries or other issues that prevent them from exercising regularly.
2. Walking is great for people with arthritis because it tones your muscles without overworking them; this helps reduce inflammation in joints and improves joint mobility. Walking will also help increase your bone density, which means that your bones will grow stronger as you get older—a great benefit for anyone who's looking for ways to slow down their aging process.
3. Walking can help prevent diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels, which means that walking will improve both your health and your energy levels!
4. Walking helps you stay fit as you age. As we age, our muscles will become less flexible and lose strength. Walking helps maintain muscle mass and improve joint flexibility which can help prevent injury because it prevents overuse injuries like knee pain or lower back pain.
5. Walking burns calories! While walking may not seem like a big calorie burner at first glance, it's actually one of the best ways to burn those extra pounds on your midsection thanks to the intense amount of work needed for each step you take while walking. By adding some extra steps into your day—or by taking an extra walk after dinner or after work—you'll find yourself feeling happier with no extra weight on your frame!
6. Walking reduces stress levels as well as depression levels because it requires so much focus! While some people may feel like they have no time for anything else when they're busy running around all day long at work or school, taking a few minutes out of your day for something like walking will really reduce stress levels.
7. Walking helps prevent osteoporosis (bone loss) in older adults who are at an increased risk for this condition due to previous fractures or other factors like smoking or family history of osteoporosis or low calcium intake from dietary sources such as dairy products or alcohol consumption.
8. Walking improves circulation by increasing blood flow throughout your body, which improves oxygen delivery to all organs. This helps keep you healthy in general and may also help prevent some types of cancer (such as breast cancer).
9. Walking can help prevent heart disease by lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It can also increase your levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol, which helps protect against heart disease and stroke.
10. Walking lowers blood pressure! A study published in the American Journal Hypertension found that people who walked for 30 minutes a day had an average blood pressure level that was 4 points lower than those who didn't walk at all!
In conclusion, walking is a cornerstone of any healthy lifestyle, and it comes with a myriad of benefits. The more you walk, the more you enjoy it—and the more likely you are to sustain your walking routine for the long haul. For health benefits, both physical and mental, there's no better form of exercise than walking.
The information shared in this blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. Please consult your doctor.
Want to try Aromalief?
Aromalief® is a brand of topical pain relievers made in Florida for women with chronic pain by women. It is 97% Naturally-derived, Vegan, and Cruelty-Free.
Try Aromalief Vegan Pain Relief Creams made with the highest quality vegan ingredients. Our brand is family-owned and made with special care in the USA.